Please take the time to review the information below. By following these guidelines, you will assist us in keeping our patients, staff members and you safe during your visit to Houlton Regional Hospital.
We ask that you not visit if any of the following apply to you:
- You are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, new feelings of tiredness, sore throat, loss of taste or smell or any other flu-like symptoms).
- You have had a known exposure to a person with COVID-19 (Exposure means being less than 6 ft away from the person for at least 15 mins).
- You have traveled out of Maine to areas that are non-exempt and have not had testing and do not have testing scheduled.
If you can answer yes to any of the above, Please Do Not Enter the Facility, call 207-532-2900 for further instructions. If you are severely ill, please contact the Emergency Department @ 207-521-2242.
- All visitors who enter the building for a service, to provide service or visit a patient will be required to wear a mask or face covering. It should cover the nose and mouth, and only be removed when absolutely necessary.
- All visitors will be screened for illness.
- You will be asked to perform Hand Hygiene at your earliest opportunity and frequently while you are here, especially if your hands have contact with respiratory secretions. You should either use soap and water for 20 seconds, then use a paper towel to turn off the faucet; or use hand sanitizer if your hands are not visibly soiled.
- You should limit Interactions with others while in the facility. Do not visit other areas unless absolutely necessary for your care.
- Patient’s may have 1 designated visitor per day. The visitor must 18 years of age or older. If you are a patient’s designated visitor, you may visit once per day between 1pm and 6pm. Please stay in the patient’s room or the assigned waiting area. You will receive a sticker with the patient’s room number and date, please do not remove this while you are here. Exceptions are made for special circumstances.
HRH COVID-19 Screening Procedures
All visitors, patients and staff entering HRH will be screened for illness. The screening staff will ask about symptoms, exposures, travel and temperature. Please alert the screening station staff if you have any symptoms that could be related to COVID-19; known exposure to COVID-19 or travel to a non-exempt State.
For testing contact your HRH Provider, KVHC at 207-538-3700, or see a list of testing sites at Get-Tested-COVID19.org.