The Center For Community Health Education
The Center for Community Health Education
Houlton Regional Hospital
Special Diabetes Support Group Presentation
The group will meet on Tuesday, November 12, 2013. You can choose either the noon or the 6pm presentation. The same presentation will be offered at two different times. Speaker is Ruth Charne, A REAL patient, with REAL A1C control, providing REAL inspiration. The Topic is Taking Control. You are not alone on your journey with diabetes. Please let Julie know what presentation you would like to attend, either Noon or 6p.m. She can be reached at 521-2516.
Cancer Prayer and Support Group
- Cancer Prayer and Support Group is a place to hear methods of coping with symptoms of their illness, discuss and share resources about dealing with side effects of treatment, to discuss the daily impact of cancer and to find tremendous support and hope for the future. All are welcome to attend.
- Date: Meets the first Tuesday, monthly – Nov 5, 2013
- Time: 1:30pm to 3pm
- Place: Center For Community Health Education
- Contact: Dr. Don Woods at 532-7553
Compassionate Friends Support Group
- Compassionate Friends is a support group that provides grief support offering friendship and understanding to those who have lost a child.
- Date: Second Wednesday – monthly – Nov 13, 2013
- Time: 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Place: Center for Community Health Education
- Contact: Mary Howland at 532-4863 or Michele Fitzpatrick at 521-7455
Diabetes Support Group
- Individuals with diabetes, and family members, join together to learn, share and network about living with diabetes. No Cost to attend!
- Date: Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 Noon or 6pm
- Topic: Taking Control
- Speaker: Ruth Charne
- Contact: Julie Codrey, RN, Diabetes Educator at 521-2516
Breastfeeding, Is it for Me?
- Expectant mothers, fathers and grandparents are all invited to join an open discussion on the advantages of breastfeeding, necessary preparation and impact on the family. Topics rotate each month.
- For More Information Contact: Kathy Blanchette, RN, 532-2900, ext. 2130 or Erica Rockwell, RN, ext. 2285.